My New Mexico compadres have a superb Tech Fest planned for Saturday February 28, 2015 at the New Mexico Veterans’ Memorial Event Center located at 1100 Louisiana Blvd SE, Albuquerque, NM 87108. It’s sponsored by Rocky Mountain Ham Radio, New Mexico. This ARRL sanctioned specialty operating event will feature:
- Construction Techniques for Ham Radio Experimentation (Chuck Adams K7QO of Phoenix, AZ)
- HF propagation and Spaceweather: The Whats, Whys, and Hows (Paul Harden NA5N of Socorro, NM)
- Extreme Low Power Communications – QRSS (Cash Olson KD5SSJ and David Hassall WA5DJJ of Las Cruces, NM)
- Electrostatic Discharge (ESD): Protecting Your Equipment from the Invisible Threat (Jay Skolnik KD5RKK, P.E., CPM, CPI, of Albuquerque, NM)
- How to Build Simple VHF Gain Antennas (Jim Duffey KK6MC of Cedar Crest, NM)
- An Introduction to Software Defined Radios (Larry Goga AE5CZ of Albuquerque, NM)
The program continues to evolve to be sure to visit the event webpage for the latest information.