By Scott Westerman
If you’re like most of us in Michigan, your primary assignment for today is to stay warm and stay inside! What will you do with your snow day?
What we used to do..
- Build a fort out of the pillows from our living room furniture.
- Dig out some board games and try to remember the rules.
- Create a treasure hunt, hiding poetic clues in various locations around the house, leading to a treasure (usually cookies and cocoa).
- Watch old Warner Brothers Looney Tunes cartoons and repeat those familiar phrases like, “I taut I taw a puddy tat”.
- Light a fireplace fire and read aloud from your favorite book.
- Make up your own, totally inappropriate Mad Libs story and have your unsuspecting sibling help you complete it with gross nouns, verbs and adjectives.
- Assist in treat creation.. Make cookies, turn those brown bananas into banana bread. Create a custom drink concoction.
What we probably should be doing..
- Catching up on all those emails, bills and paperwork that you put off over the holidays.
- Clean the mess off of your desk.
- De-tangle the wires that interconnect your computer and electronics.
- Make progress in the basement.
- Plan how you’ll catch up on all the work you missed here because of your holiday travels.
- Spend quality time doing something together with your loved ones.
What we most likely will do..
- Spend too much time on Facebook.
- Watch the replay of the Rose Bowl and OSU game on the DVR.
- Call our friends to see who has done the least snow shoveling and has the most colorful stories of snowbound inconvenience.
- Determine that noon is the appropriate time to have that adult beverage (just to keep warm).
- Play Euchre (Michigan raised peeps will totally get this).
Be safe today and carpe diem!